Distribution Ops Associate-Current Servicing (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 972836BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Current Servicing team is responsible for the Servicing, and Localization of titles produced by Disney Channels, ABC Signature, 20th Television and FX Productions.
- Responsible for servicing D+, Hulu, Broadcast, EST, SVOD, and other clients. In addition to providing assets to territories worldwide to meet their local needs.
- Works with vendors, internal departments, and clients. Responsibilities include tracking on time asset delivery, and weekly milestones are met. Reviewing QC reports and troubleshooting issues identified. Tracking delivery of assets to Digital Asset Management systems. Upholding Disney specifications and SLA with vendors. Reviewing and approving invoicing.
- No supervisory responsibilities, but may manage interactions and deliverables by outside vendors. Leads small projects from end-to-end which may include localization & picture strategy, overall plan of fulfillment and release, QC expectations, remediation planning & resolution recommendations, ownership of orders, review and approval of invoices, and tracking & archiving assets.
- Guarantee timely, high-quality execution across the supply chain and assists in creating detailed project plans to ensure deadlines are met and handoffs are successful. Create and maintain documentation including project plans, templates, and post-mortems.
- Effectively solves problems and roadblocks as they occur while escalating when necessary. Mostly focused on execution of work with some elements of planning.
- Impacts quality of own work and periodically the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities. Able to distill information accurately and convey it (verbally and/or written) to business partners and stakeholders. Serves as key contact with project team members to help resolve project resource conflicts. Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders.
- The role will oversee the delivery process of episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, trailers, artwork, and/or metadata to various digital platforms globally, including supporting metrics.
- The role will perform extensive vendor & asset management and conduct research across all inventories, systems, and tools LTS uses for servicing operations.
- Must have Localization experience and understand the process of creating localized dubbed audio and subtitles.
- Requires technical knowledge of digital video and audio formats as they will coordinate the creation of archival, servicing, and localization assets used to service clients across all media types.
- Individual has attained knowledge and experience in own specialty, but is still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills; has knowledge of the company, its processes, and customers; still becoming fully knowledgeable/skilled in the function/specialty.
- Is capable of solving a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures, while receiving a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Has an understanding of technical elements, creation, repairs, localization, updating & tracking of work orders & purchase orders, coordination of distribution logistics, use of technical materials library, and knowledge of the range of formats used within the organization.
- Understands specific business processes and how those processes support the delivery of goods and services for a business segment; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Prior experience in a planning or scheduling function in either or all of a creative environment, manufacturing environment, or product development environment.
- 3+ years of progressively complex related experience in the digital distribution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 5 years industry experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.