Distribution Ops Mgr-Catalog TV MasteringApply NowApply Later Job ID 7119317620220417 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 19, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Mastering team is responsible for the video and audio mastering of titles produced by Disney Channels, ABC Signature, 20th Television, FX Productions and other production entities. The Mastering Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for receiving Disney General Entertainment content from post production teams and overseeing the final delivery, master QC, and the creation of 4K/UHD/HDR/SDR HD archival video, audio, and client delivery assets used for localization and multi-platform media distribution. The Mastering Distribution Operations Manager is a critical liaison between post-production, third-party vendors, and internal departments including Legal, Localization, Global Operations, Content Platforms, Network Operations and global distribution partners.
- The role will oversee the mastering of Catalog episodic, shorts, specials, and non-theatrical feature acquisitions to ensure all elements meet delivery timelines and technical requirements.
- Oversee restoration and uprez processes, establish scope of project and provided guidance to vendors performing the work.
- Negotiates bids/budgets with vendors for project making sure to account for all necessary deliverables.
- Coordinate, track and communicate delivery of materials between post production vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate with Legal and Business Affairs to confirm if creative is required.
- Responsible for ordering Audio, Video, M&E, CC/Subtitles, Scripts, and other assets from vendor partners with fast paced turn arounds.
- Responsible for close collaboration with Localization and Servicing team(s) to support of global day & date release strategies.
- Ensure proactive escalation of any issues prior to critical deadlines being missed and propose alternate solutions to keep titles on track.
- Maintain timely data entry for assigned titles across a broad swath of databases and shared tracking systems to ensure transparency in meeting mastering delivery timelines.
- Review video and audio Quality Control (QC) reports to ensure file assets adhere to specs and guidelines.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of multiple high-profile titles with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. May lead team-wide projects. Continuously looks for process improvement opportunities.
- Presents roadblocks and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Vendor & Asset Management - Key day-to-day tasks include extensive vendor & asset management, communication with internal business ops team, dealing with rejections, establishing a process SLA (Service Level Agreement), and managing vendor & supplier performance metrics.
- Managing Titles - Responsibilities include on time asset delivery and weekly milestones are met.
- Tracking delivery of assets to Digital Asset Management systems.
- Reviewing and approving invoicing.
- Is capable of solving complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently while receiving minimal guidance. Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own specialty and basic knowledge of related specialties. Understanding of digital content distribution concepts and technologies including TVE, OTT, STB, VOD. Interest in emerging technology and platforms; particularly streaming media services.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required with 4+ years of previous job-related experience at post production vendor, entertainment studio, or streaming service.
- 5+ years of previous job-related experience at post production vendor, entertainment studio, or streaming service.
Preferred requirements include:
- Experience with Pix, Airtable, Box, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Digital Asset Management systems.
- Knowledge of localization/dubbing workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of film/tape formats and file codecs.
- Experience with Digital Mastering, Film Preservation, and Film Archive.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.