Distribution Ops Mgr-Originals and New Release DeliveryApply NowApply Later Job ID 7119778720220424 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Meet the team:
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Current Servicing team is responsible for the Servicing, and Localization of titles produced by Disney Channels, ABC Signature, 20th Television and FX Productions.
- Distribution Operations Manager coordinates the creation of servicing, and localization assets used to service clients across all media types.
- The Distribution Operations Manager is the liaison between vendors, internal departments, and clients.
- Responsibilities include managing post charts, on time asset delivery, and weekly milestones are met. Disney specifications and SLA with vendors. Reviewing and approving invoicing.
- Responsible for servicing Disney+, EST, SVOD, and other clients. In addition to providing assets to territories worldwide to meet their local needs.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Role exhibits full knowledge and expertise in the function/specialty.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of multiple high-profile projects/accounts projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- May lead team-wide projects.
- Continuously looks for process improvement opportunities.
- Oversee applicable workflows, ensuring all deliveries have been completed.
- Communicate deadlines and delivery expectations across functional teams for downstream workflow needs.
- Escalate delivery delays to appropriate teams, inclusive of contingency plan(s).
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure accurate readiness of assets (rights, plans, components, artwork, metadata, etc. depending on specific vertical).
- Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project, or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information via executive updates; works to build consensus.
- Presents roadblocks and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- The role will oversee the delivery process of episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, trailers, artwork, and/or metadata to various digital platforms globally.
- Key day-to-day tasks include extensive vendor & asset management, inventory research, management of orders, curating source assets, communicating with customers, clients, & internal business ops team, dealing with rejections, establishing a process SLA (Service Level Agreement), and managing vendor & supplier performance metrics.
- Role where an employee may spend most of his/her career; top level role in a progression unless specialized skills are acquired or team leadership is applied.
Basic Qualifications :
- Must have Localization experience and know the in and outs of dealing with dubbing studios and negotiating delivery schedules.
- Individual has in-depth knowledge and experience in own specialty.
- Is capable of solving complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently while receiving minimal guidance. Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own specialty and basic knowledge of related specialties.
- Understanding of digital content distribution concepts and technologies including TVE, OTT, STB, VOD.
- Interest in emerging technology and platforms; particularly streaming media services.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital Distribution specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables and quality metrics.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements proactively.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and technologies.
- Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
- Deep understanding on A/V technical formats including IMF, UHD, HDR, Dolby-Vision, ATMOS and pro-res as well as localization requirement for dub and sub assets internationally.
- Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
Required Education :
- 5 years post production, servicing and localization workflows, asset management and client/vendor management experience.
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.