Distribution Services CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715886BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator, Digital Distribution Services who will be responsible for the servicing and distribution requirements for digital and multiplatform servicing related tasks required to fulfill distribution deals for Walt Disney Television (WDT), The Walt Disney Studios (WDS), and Direct to Consumer & International (DTCI). This position reports to the Manager, Distribution Services. As a primary executor of daily workflows for internally insourced digital servicing activity, a successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate towards meeting short- and long-term asset ingest and processing deadlines, while collaborating with his or her peers and other Disney Partners to ensure on-time delivery of compliant content. The coordinator will interface with internal partners such as Mastering, Digital Media, Media Services, Marketing, Programming, Sales, Radio Disney, and Distribution Strategy to provide assistance and customer service to various OTT clients including iTunes, Amazon, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish, Hulu, YouTube TV, as well as our own Disney video applications.
*This is a swing shift position, Tuesday through Saturday from 3pm to Midnight, with flexibility to work overtime and holidays as needed.*
- Accountable for executing the daily workflows for servicing television content to digital retailers, dMVPDs, and internal Disney applications.
- Coordinate and track media acquisition, ingestion, closed captioning, metadata aggregation, and distribution of servicing elements for multiple areas.
- Assist in onboarding new client specifications, both internally and with external vendors, for transcoding and digital packaging of content.
- Analyze and resolve technical issues related to digital content encoding and transcoding along with associated delivery and transport mechanisms. Troubleshoot discrepancies and resolve them effectively with internal and external partners.
- Daily supervision of inventory tracking and scheduling systems. Monitor, track and update (when necessary) status of elements for distribution.
- Liaise with various internal business partners including: Programming, Sales, Contracts, Legal, Finance, Affiliate Relations, Marketing, and others to obtain all information and associated metadata required to fulfill servicing orders accurately and timely.
- Assist Management in collaborating with other members of the Distribution Services team and Library Technical Services to ensure that Non-Linear servicing is operating as efficiently as possible, eliminating overlap.
- Assist Management in identifying areas for process improvement and fulfilling various projects as necessary. Provide, when required, research and reports on digital media delivery volume, procedures, and functions.
- Seek opportunities for skill development and technical training as technology, workflows and best business practices constantly evolve.
- 2+ years of media distribution or operations experience at a post vendor, studio, television network or digital video platform
- Experience with media distribution to EST, VOD, and SVOD platforms and an understanding of nonlinear workflows & technical specifications.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
Ability to prioritize work according to business needs, in a highly-organized manner
In depth knowledge of audio/video file formats, metadata XML, film formats, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, audio configurations and terrestrial delivery technologies.
Experience with media processing tools and asset management systems
Understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
- General understanding of descriptive metadata and digital packaging, including artwork
- Studio, Broadcast/Cable television, or Post Production house experience is preferred.
- AA degree preferred, but not required
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.