Sr. Manager, Diversity & InclusionApply NowApply Later Job ID 781871BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the marketplace, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for the enterprise, leading the development of DEI business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
They will effectively partner with HR Business Partners, Centers of Excellence and Communities of Practice teams across the Enterprise to continually evolve and improve DEI efforts. The Senior Manager will also provide diversity consultancy based on workforce and workplace trends, and lead the effort to diagnose, design and deliver strategic, Enterprise-wide solutions.
The essential characteristics of the ideal candidate include for this individual contributor role include:
- Strong strategic development skills
- Ability to connect dots on DEI people anticipate needs of the executive team
- Understanding of/respect for the DEI practice
- Ability to creatively solve operational problems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships across stakeholder groups
- Develop Strategy to build leadership capabilities of BERG (Business Employee Resource Groups) in partnership with BERG Advisory Councils.
- Develop a broader strategy to address social issues impacting employees and design Brave Conversation Facilitation Guides to address social issues in a timely manner.
- Implement strategies to equip and empower the HR community as well as additional groups
- Implement the DEI Learning Strategy, segment-wide solutions and partner with relevant stakeholders across TWDC on Enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Scale Global Learning Solutions within North America, EMEA, APAC, LATAM in partnership with business DEI leads and L&D.
- Embed Global perspectives in all solutions in partnership with DEI segment partners
- Design Reimagine Tomorrow Conversation series post event Discussion Guides to build DEI capabilities and build capacity across teams in partnership with D&I Communications team
- Identify, develop and foster relationships with industry thought leaders, consultants, vendors and partners to apply best practice thinking.
- Conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement of diversity initiatives
- Share best practices to support the development of an inclusive environment across the enterprise
- Partner with key stakeholders on projects impacting DEI People / Talent Focus (People Insights, Talent Solutions, Talent Acquisition, L&D etc.)
- Partner with TWDC D&I segment leads to assure that our stakeholder engagement aligns with all DEI strategy and pillars.
- Manage a wide array of stakeholder communications and relationships (internal and external) in a complex business environment.
- Partner with stakeholders in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis, and benchmarking for opportunity identification
- Analyze metrics and data to determine strategic approach to priorities
- Develop and deliver programs, initiatives and services to advance diversity and inclusion within the organization, and monitor effectiveness of an inclusive culture and diverse workforce in partnership with People Insights and Analytics.
- Experience in DEI, HR or related area
- A keen mind for analysis
- Deep understanding of what drives business cultures & employee experiences
- A natural orientation to collaboration, with inherent understanding about when to lead and when to support
- The ability to garner trust from stakeholders at all levels
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize regularly in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners, in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency
- Strong client-service orientation and the ability to build credibility and relationships
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach
- A unique combination of analytic and strategic analysis capabilities to leverage research and set measurable goals
- Superior cognitive ability; ability to simplify complex situations and make sound judgments
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, written and oral
- Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the market place
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.