Already applied?View Dashboard
Document Management AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669799BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 07, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This Document Management Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Services in Corporate Real Estate and is responsible for development of comprehensive document control strategy for Corporate Real Estate properties located in California and New York locations. Document control specialist will establish and maintain the project document & drawing control system. Processes one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines. The purpose of the job is to control all the existing and new building project files and drawings into a proper database and to provide and transmit the documents to various related departments. This Specialist will have the opportunity to interface with groups inside and outside the organization.
- Develop a cloud based document control strategy for the Document Management System.
- Work closely with NY facility Operation teams to develop document control strategy for NY locations.
- Oversee and manage a successful cloud based document control by establishing procedures and protocols for ongoing sustainment of the digital library
- Assist with development and sustainment of the departmental Standards of Operation, Engineering Standards and Design Guiding Principles.
- Manage and oversee revisions to standards and other departmental documents on periodic bases.
- Implementation and maintenance of the document control system
- Works with other staff members as needed to develop and improve services.
- Manage and follow through with all aspect of projects closeouts ensuring quality control and completeness of all documents
- Developing and maintaining document control and reporting standards and procedures
- Establish and maintain the program document numbering.
- Serves as liaison between Facility Services & Support group, Design & Delivery teams. Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization.
- Organize and maintain facility infrastructure drawings, as builds and other records.
- Control drawings, specification, design records, standards, procedures, correspondence, O&M manuals and supplier documents, etc.
- Document registration, control issue, copying, distribution and transmittal.
- Status report preparation and presentation.
- Cataloguing and delivering Standards and Procedures.
- Co-ordination with Consultants and Contractors.
- Performs other duties commensurate with functional level and responsibilities.
- 5 years in document control Expert user of internet based document control systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in document control
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheets, database, word processing.
- Experience in Adobe Acrobat Professional and AutoCAD software.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in a digital environment.
- Ability to lift boxes of up to 30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.