Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
DTCI Platform Distribution Intern - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738644BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 16, 2020
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups. The Disney Media Distribution Team is the content distribution arm for The Walt Disney Company within the United States and Canada, and globally for certain lines of business. The Disney Media Distribution Team distributes linear networks, subscription apps (e.g. Disney+ and ESPN+), and motion picture and television properties from Disney brands including: ESPN, Walt Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Touchstone Pictures, National Geographic, Walt Disney Television, Freeform, FX, and Disney Channel across a wide array of media platforms and businesses including direct-to-consumer, linear, TV Everywhere, Video-On-Demand, Electronic Home Video, airlines, hotel, and social media platform licensing.
A Day In The Life...
- Provide day-to-day support for the West Coast Platform Distribution team.
- Responsible for updating reports used to track negotiation statuses and next steps on key accounts.
- Log updates from social media and trades to provide real-time feedback of what is happening in the industry with key accounts.
- Assist in open discussions and meetings with the West Coast Platform Distribution team.
- Work with various internal teams (marketing, operations, legal, etc.) to help support the West Coast Platform Distribution team.
- Passion for movies and TV
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for digital platforms
- Strong experience in Microsoft Word and basic Excel (database management)
- Willing to bring unique and innovative ideas to the table
- Must be able to meet deadlines on assignments
- Strong work ethic
- Creative thinking
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
Also a Plus…
- Previous experience within an entertainment company
- Knowledge of the digital distribution world
- Basic data analytics skills
- Experience preparing decks/materials to share with larger team (Keynote and PowerPoint)
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Business, Media Studies, or related fields
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May 2020 to August 2020.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.