Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710485BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 10/10/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure and meet its legal obligations, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology.
We look to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about eDiscovery, and love their work.
The eDiscovery Analyst will work in a large, complex, and diverse enterprise technology ecosystem to identify, preserve, collect, analyze, export and produce electronically-stored information. The analyst must have a high attention to detail, be very flexible, and have the intellectual curiosity to learn and sometimes discover and/or create new technical tools and procedures. The analyst must also have experience working closely with internal resources, vendors, outside counsel, and in-house counsel. Finally, the analyst must have experience working in or with large and complex enterprise environments.
- Perform eDiscovery work using defined procedures and tools (55%)
- Be accountable for the overall management and delivery of assigned eDiscovery work
- Manage the identification of data custodian user IDs and data store locations
- Manage the collection of data from data custodians
- Perform and/or manage the processing of data utilizing eDiscovery software
- Create and execute a data culling strategy in collaboration with with in-house counsel, outside counsel, and/or external vendors
- Analyze and prepare data in collaboration with with in-house counsel, outside counsel, and/or external vendors
- Administer an agreed-upon document review strategy
- Communicate with data custodians and requesters as necessary
- Collaborate with outside counsel, external vendors, and/or other internal IT groups as required
- Perform audits of eDiscovery work (7.5%)
- Handle exceptions that occur during the performance of eDiscovery work (12.5%)
- Identify technical exceptions occurring in a variety of software tools used while performing eDiscovery work
- Utilize eDiscovery experience and/or IT skills to define potential solutions to technical exceptions
- Collaborate with eDiscovery management, requesters, internal IT resources, and others to ascertain the appropriate solution
- Be accountable for the resolution of technical exceptions
- Participate in eDiscovery projects (15%)
- In addition to standard eDiscovery work, participate in various eDiscovery projects that help to promote Disney’s eDiscovery strategy
- Perform administrative tasks (10%)
- Accurately and timely report progress, schedule, and issues for eDiscovery work
- Accurately and timely document eDiscovery work
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on eDiscovery experience
- Minimum 2 years of IT security, technical support, or litigation support experience
- Understanding of the litigation lifecycle and its impact on eDiscovery
- Working knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Experience working with advanced eDiscovery tools such as Recommind Axcelerate, Ringtail, or Relativity
- Experience identifying, acquiring, preserving, and analyzing digital evidence.
- Familiarity with general computer forensic practices and tools
- Working knowledge of Boolean expressions
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform work in a time critical, highly confidential process
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to change priorities and be flexible
- Ability to understand and follow policies and processes
- Ability to both operate and learn highly technical software
- Experience interacting and communicating with legal department staff
- Experience interacting with outside counsel and eDiscovery vendors
- Experience describing, summarizing, and/or documenting how work was performed and the final results of such work
- Experience interacting with other IT groups such as messaging, networking, applications, and deskside support
- Ability to hold work processes and activities confidential
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional analytical and verbal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to follow a project plan
- Working knowledge of regular expressions (regex)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as PERL and/or PowerShell
- Experience with disk imaging and performing forensic investigations with tools such as Encase, Axiom, FTK, or others
- Ability to independently assess scope of forensic requests, effectively completes required digital forensic analysis, and possess the ability to write clear and concise reports for the intended audience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.