Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Education Resource Group and Diversity, Equity & InclusionApply NowApply Later Job ID 867252BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Oct. 27, 2021
The DBT ERG+DEI team seeks a self-motivated candidate who has an interest in learning and contributing to the creative production pipeline from a child development and DEI perspective.
- Support the team with our storybook program, which collects qualitative feedback from preschoolers for our Disney Junior shows in production
- Read and provide script coverage for select shows
- Assist in building and updating ERG+DEI presentations, documents, and workflows
- Curate new research and content to help inform our work
- Shadow executives at all relevant meetings
- Collaborate with other teams and interns on DEI initiatives and events
- Attend company-wide events and connect with our partners to learn more about their role and responsibilities
- Knowledge and interest in Disney Junior and DBT content
- Analytical reading and critical thinking
- Strong writing, verbal, and organizational skills
- Kindness, empathy, flexibility, and collaboration
- Passion to learn and innovate
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently a graduate student working on a graduate degree in the following areas: engineering, environmental science & management, forestry, ecology, sustainability, communications, computer science, or data analytics
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- This is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January - May/June.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.