Effects ArtistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744355BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 27, 2020
Disney Effects artists create stunning visuals through collaboration with artists from all parts of the animation pipeline. Whether giving nature a style makeover or creating hyperrealism, they push the boundaries of what is possible. They are challenged to create the unexpected and to invoke an emotional impact in support of the creative vision.
- Design, execute, and support a variety of high-quality photorealistic and stylized visual effects
- Develop all effects from conception through completion within production deadlines in a pipeline-consumable form
- Work closely with all departments to achieve the desired look and integration of effects elements.
- Bring authorship, emotional impact, and art direction to various effects through a creative, artistic vision while meeting the director’s vision in an efficient manner
- Work with the Effects Supervisor to design technical approaches and establish artistic goals for projects or sequences
- Continually push one’s personal growth as an artist
- Participate as a proactive team member to determine and share various design and technical solutions
- Challenge the status quo by developing innovative tools and/or techniques
- 3+ years experience in CG visual effects production for animation, live-action film, or television
- Advanced procedural and dynamic simulation experience with high-end 3D software: “Houdini” required; “Maya” a plus; Nuke or equivalent compositing tools; and experience with GI rendering a plus
- Proficiency with fluid simulations, rigid simulations, particle systems, and FX pipeline authorship using procedural animation techniques
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative workspace, work well alone or within a team, as well as with other departments
- Strong understanding of animation fundamentals, including timing and appeal
- Good “eye” toward light, color, design, and composition. Observation skills of natural phenomena, comprehension of physics, and ability to implement
- Flexible problem-solving skills and attention to detail and quality
- Very open to direction
- Participate in and embrace a culture of continual innovation and change
- Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly convey both artistic and technical concepts and processes
- Linux and scripting ability in Python preferred; shader and C++ skills also applicable
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review.
Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.