Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Engineering & Infrastructure Services Intern, Corp - Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 449230BR Location Burbank, California, United States Job Posting Company The Walt Disney Company Job Posting Area The Walt Disney Company Date posted 05/03/2017
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
As part of the Facility Services and Support’s Infrastructure Services team, you will have the opportunity to help sustain and enhance the workplaces that shape the Cast Member experience through the operation and maintenance of owned and leased properties in the Los Angeles area. You’ll develop your skills through hands-on experience as you help the team provide high-quality workmanship in crafts including HVAC, electrical, painting, labor, and carpentry with an emphasis on customer service, partnership, and communication. Additionally, the team is responsible for building and asset performance – as well as utility and energy management – to ensure sustainment. Projects are designed for sustainable advantage through energy conservation.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of projects
- Field data collection and testing, evaluation and development of technical solutions for MEP systems
- Collaboration with fellow engineers, technicians, managers, sub-contractors and crafts personnel
- Condition assessment and preparation of single lines for electrical and HVAC
- Support the making of databases for proper CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) programs
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD, able to read schematic and construction drawings
- Background in project management
- Background in Facility Management
- Experience working with electrical/HVAC system design
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field
- Pursuing a Master’s of Science in Engineering or Construction Management or a closely related field
- The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are September 2017 through early January 2018
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services an equal opportunity employer.