Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Enterprise Sourcing Intern - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 860603BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
Enterprise Sourcing is a global organization focused on enabling and ensuring that The Walt Disney Company manages 3rd party spend strategically, consistently and to the highest standards across all lines of business and functions globally, delivering value that materially impacts business results and profitability. Key category areas include: Media & Marketing, Professional Services, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Facility Operation Services, Production/Production Tech and IT.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
As an Enterprise Sourcing Intern, you can expect exposure to a variety of sourcing categories, teams and leaders across the organization. We are a team of internal consultants, collaborators, negotiators and number-crunchers in roles where no day looks the same as the other. Because of our dynamic environment, initial intern assignments will be solidified prior to arrival and will be based on true and timely business needs during your tenure, with additional assignments identified throughout the internship based on the needs of the business.
Types of activities you may be asked to take part in during your internship:
- Participate in cross-functional teams with key internal stakeholders
- Contribute to sourcing activities such as market research, data/financial analysis & supplier management
- Utilize Sourcing’s technology platform to support sourcing events such as RFI’s and RFP’s
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis in MS Excel and generate insights from large amounts of often disparate data
Each intern will have the opportunity to showcase their contributions to the Enterprise Sourcing leadership at the conclusion of the internship.
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Familiarity with and demonstrated interest in one or more sourcing-related functions (e.g., negotiation, quantitative analysis, supplier management, requests for proposals, contract development / administration, project management, market analysis, etc.)
- High-energy, self-motivated with desire to excel in a professional corporate environment
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Technical skills - Proficiency with MS Office, intermediate PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills, must be comfortable using pivot tables, Match Index, H- & V-Lookups, etc.
- Some work/intern experience in a professional corporate setting, ideally with some qualitative and analytical responsibilities
- Previous project-based work or consulting experience
- Previous experience in sourcing or procurement and/or desire to learn sourcing
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Desired fields of study: Business, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Finance, Marketing, Economics, or other comparable discipline with a quantitative analytical focus.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 through June 2022.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.