Environment DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 884263BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 05, 2021
We’re looking for Environment Designers who have a rich imagination, a sense of whimsy and appeal, stylistic versatility, and masterful drawing and painting skills. Expertise in design, perspective, color, architectural and organic forms, and a general knowledge of the CG process are also key skills in breathing life into our worlds. The ability to work both traditionally and in digital media including 3d is appreciated. We welcome artists who will bring fresh and unexpected viewpoints to our filmmaking and our team. We encourage and embrace original thinking and passion.
To apply for this position you must upload a portfolio and a resume consisting of your environment design work.
What You’ll Do:
- Design inspiring worlds and moments based on a director’s vision
- Execute detailed technical drawings to expedite collaboration with other departments in the pipeline
- Know your research and inspire through your art
- Work collaboratively and take direction
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Professional experience required, feature animation experience preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Paintings and environment designs that demonstrate stylistic versatility and a strong understanding of specificity, storytelling, observation, mood, clarity, staging, color, perspective, and appeal
- Drawings of narrative moments, character and environment interactions encouraged
- Observational studies
- If any of your work is password protected, please include the password with your application (even if just included on your resume)
- Social media accounts may be submitted as a supplement to your portfolio but should not be your primary portfolio (websites or multipage PDF files submitted via a Google drive preferred)
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.