Environment ModelerApply NowApply Later Job ID 870320BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Oct. 04, 2021
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environment Modeler to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.
- Strong experience building complex set and prop models with organized, efficient, polygonal topology including: vehicles, buildings, plant life, terrain and complete set environments. Models will need to be constructed to account for mechanical articulation when necessary.
- Complete organization and packaging of assets for efficient downstream consumption.
- Work well in a collaborative environment.
- Address direction and feedback from Leads, Supervisors, Directors and Art Directors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling in Maya
- An understanding of ZBrush/Mudbox
- Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
- Stays aware of new modeling tools and industry standards for modeling
- Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models
- Experience creating stylized environments and props
- Ability to manage complexity of models
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
- Layout experience a plus
- Experience with 3d modeling, set dressing and presentation tools such as Houdini, Blender, Clarisse and Marmoset a plus
- Previous experience with traditional 3D sculpting a plus
- Scripting (Python) background a plus
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes and 2D reference art should be shown.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.