Episodic Director – Marvel AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 860497BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, stretching from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013’s Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. At Walt Disney Animation Studios’ top filmmakers, artists and technical wizards collaborate to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
The Director, Episodic works closely with all levels of creative production in tandem with the Executive Producer, Supervising Producer/Director, to bring the script to life on our animated television series. The ideal candidate is expected to balance managing all the various aspects of production, while successfully maintaining the highest quality of technical and creative storytelling possible for their respective episodes.
- Effectively manage a team of Storyboard Artists in the creation of each animatic, while successfully communicating story needs, both verbally and visually thru sketches.
- Interpret the script visually through organizing and it breaking down into particular scenes and planning out shots and specific actions within determined locations and settings.
- In collaboration with Editorial, craft and build the episode using a strong sense of timing and knowledge of film.
- Ensure that each of the assigned episodes are completed on time and successfully meet the quality standards of the Supervising Director.
- Must be a team player with demonstrated, visual, story-teller sensibilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff, and management.
- Prior experience in both 2D and 3D storyboarding a plus.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- 6+ years of animation industry experience.
- Prior directorial experience a plus.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.