Executive Assistant, Business Affairs (Disney Branded Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 993592BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This role will support the SVP, Business Affairs and a VP, Business Affairs for Disney Branded Television. This role may also provide occasional departmental administrative support, as needed.
Look, we get it. There are tons of administrative support opportunities across this and other entertainment companies. This job, however, is different than many because it offers a look under the hood into the business of producing movies and series for families and kids. You’d be a key member of a fast-paced team that makes deals to develop, produce, and license content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior.
It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationships you form with the executives on your team will enable you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding the executives’ business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also acquire deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of Disney Branded Television and related departments across The Walt Disney Company. As the “face” of the executives on your team, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, key components to its success and our collective team success.
Responsibilities:Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Interface directly with other executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of the job;
- Research past projects and credits of actors, directors, producers, and writers;
- Schedule internal and external meetings and calls, and understand the day’s priorities for the best use of time;
- Prepare expense reports, make travel arrangements, organize and file;
- Handle confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Draft letters, emails, memos, reports, spreadsheets, short form agreements, and other related correspondence;
- Review contracts and assist in preparing/redlining/editing/proofing of documents;
- Compile and curate status, tracking, and summary reports;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs and soft skills like teamwork;
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Experience in administrative support and/or equivalent;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills – particularly phone skills and email etiquette;
- Strong proficiency with computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs and working in a Windows environment;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances, and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Motivation to be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Very strong organizational and time management skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had these skills:
- Administrative experience working in either business affairs or legal affairs at a studio, network, talent agency, management company, or entertainment law firm;
- Experience with Salesforce-type databases and apps as well as SAP/Concur; and
- Experience with managing execution of documents (e.g. DocuSign)
Required EducationEducation is important to us, here is what we are looking for:
- Required - Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Some of the perks we offer:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement - just to name a few!
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.