Executive Assistant - Business AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744624BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Channel Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Look, we get it. There are tons of administrative support opportunities across this and other entertainment companies. This job, however, is different than many because it offers a look under the hood into the business of producing kids’ movies and television. You’d be a key member of a fast-paced team that makes deals to license or produce everything you see on the Disney Channels as well as many kids’ series and movies on Disney+.
It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executives you support enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also want to acquire deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of Disney Channel and related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success.
Responsibilities:Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Research credits of actors, directors, and writers; research & review department deals for comps;
- Interface directly with other executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
- Prepare expense reports and check requests, make travel arrangements, order supplies, shipping, copying, faxing and filing
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Draft letters, emails, memos, reports, spreadsheets, short form agreements, and other related correspondence on behalf of your leaders;
- Ability to read contracts and assist in preparing/redlining/editing/proofing of documents
- Assist with and manage special projects
- Collect, compile, and prepare status, tracking, and summary reports
- Able to use/create, and manage workable filing system(s)
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Experience in administrative support and/or equivalent;
- Sharp written & verbal communication skills – (particularly phone skills and email etiquette);
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs and working in a Windows environment;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks in an organized fashion within a face-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Motivation to be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational and time management skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had these skills:
- Administrative experience working in either business affairs or legal affairs at a studio, network, talent agency, management company, or entertainment law firm
- Experience with Salesforce-type databases and apps as well as SAP/Concur
- Experience with managing execution of documents (e.g. DocuSign)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- JD degree (but not practicing attorneys)
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.