Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Assistant, Corporate AlliancesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692867BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 09, 2019
Our Senior Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that develops and holistically manages complex, long-term, multi-dimensional relationships with select brands and companies and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the VP of Alliance Management and supports two executives on the team.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. The Corporate Alliances team is dedicated to creating incremental value to The Walt Disney Company and its partners through creative development of marketing and sponsorship programs, management of partner and business unit relationships, and creation of new partnerships aligned with The Walt Disney Company’s business and strategic goals.
It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of (name segment, like ESPN) and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different!
Responsibilities:On any given day you might:
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you are completely immersed in the mission of the office and can inform your executive when you see something he/she should know;
- Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance on others;
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
- Manage large purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
- Plan large, high-profile events like partner summits, off-sites, and team-building activities;
- At least 5 years supporting a Vice President and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur, and working in a Windows environment
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a large public corporation; and
- Experience working with multiple vendors and agencies
- Required-Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.