Executive Assistant, Current Series (Freeform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 882634BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted Nov. 09, 2021
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to Executive Director and Director, including scheduling meetings and managing calendars, tracking deadlines and material deliveries, scheduling travel, submitting expense reports, planning events and production gifts, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Track incoming documents, production materials, and deadlines.
- Read and discuss incoming material while gaining an understanding of the scripted production process under the mentorship of two executives.
- Maintain databases, distribution lists, mailing lists, and filing systems.
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents.
- Interface with various Disney departments and external organizations.
- Provide backup to other assistants and contribute to common administrative duties.
- Work as a team player within the department and assist where needed.
- Minimum 1 year supporting executive(s) in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to see tasks through to completion
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Approachable style and the ability to work professionally with executives, staff members, talent, and visitors
- Self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision, exercise good judgement, anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
- A ready collaborator, dependable, detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple or shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant
- 2+ years' administrative experience supporting an executive (s)
- Interest in building on existing creative abilities and an awareness of pop culture and trends
- Demonstrates curiosity and a desire to understand the ‘big picture’ of scripted development and production
- Candidate will possess a basic understanding of story structure, be able to articulate opinions on materials, have an excitement for pop culture and Freeform’s original series, and have a genuine interest in pursuing a career in Current Series.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.