Executive Assistant, DGE Legal AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 930492BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 17, 2022
Our Senior Executive Legal Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced group of executives who support the television production and clearance segment of The Walt Disney Company. This team works closely with production and legal executives at some of the best television studios in the business, ABC Signature, FX Productions and Twentieth Television to create groundbreaking and highly entertaining content that is exhibited on Hulu, D+, Star, ABC and FX. You will work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the entertainment business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to a Deputy Chief Counsel as well as a Vice President.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports and calendar setting but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executives you support is absolutely critical because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of ABC Signature, Twentieth and FX Productions. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different!
- Conduct research, check or review existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance on others;
- Schedule high-level time-sensitive conference calls;
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls and inquiries;
- Schedule internal as well as offsite conference rooms, meetings and video conferences;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Draft email communications on behalf of your leaders;
- On occasion, assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
- Manage internal and external communications distribution sources and directories;
- Plan large, high-profile events such as CLE presentations, training workshops, all-hands team off-sites and team-building activities;
- At least 5 years supporting a Vice President and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Concur, BlueJeans, VTC Conferencing, NetDocuments, DocuSign and working in a Windows environment;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company; and
- Experience working in a entertainment or production
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.