Executive Assistant, Disney Branded Television Legal AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7084179620220515 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Are you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If you’re nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position in Disney Branded Television at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. You’d be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that that creates original, engaging content for a variety of platforms, including network, cable and subscription video-on-demand, and you would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position will support the Disney Branded Television legal team.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. Our team works seamlessly with the Business Affairs department, Casting, Creative, Development, Production, Production Finance, Contract Administration, Marketing, and Brand Management to facilitate the creation of television content. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executives flourish. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you understand the mission of the office
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you’ll have tasks that you own completely
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the friendly face that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization
- Mentor and train less experienced support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork
Here’s what you will need to be successful in this job:
- At least two years supporting executive leadership, or equivalent experience
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, good skills in SAP, DocuSign or willing to learn
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- Confidence to learn new programs when necessary
- Complete reliability handling confidential information
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships; Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude
It would be a plus if you also had these skills:
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a large public corporation
- Experience working in television production
- Passion for the Disney Channel and Disney Content
- A background in the legal field by education or experience
Education is important to us, here’s what we are looking for:
- Required : High school degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Some of the perks we offer include:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
- The internal title for this role is Secretary V
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.