Executive Assistant, DMED Branded ContentApply NowApply Later Job ID 800176BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 24, 2021
Our Senior Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that creates custom content across all of the Disney networks and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to four Vice Presidents in DMED (Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution).
Responsibilities:It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of ABC, Freeform, FX, NatGeo, Disney Channel and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the team, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different. On any given day you might:
- Read relevant industry sources so you are completely immersed in the mission of the office and can inform your executives when you see something they should know
- Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance on others
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job
- Assist and/or support other senior staff in emergency situations
- Review your leader’s schedule to maximize and prioritize their day
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that new members of the department, no matter what their level, can count on to answer all their questions
- Manage large purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork
- Plan large, high-profile events like premieres, product launches, off-sites and team-building activities
- At least 7 years supporting a Vice President and/or equivalent experience
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur, and Zoom conferencing
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a large public corporation; and
- Good knowledge of the media landscape
- Required-Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.