Executive Assistant, Enterprise Social ResponsibilityApply NowApply Later Job ID 903035BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 05, 2022
Our Senior Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that is responsible for creating and implementing socially responsible initiatives that drive business value, social good and maintain our reputation with the public, investors, shareholders, and employees/cast members. This includes our environmental sustainability plans and our core social impact initiatives, along with managing all public reporting of our social responsibility work. The team partners with every business, content engine, and region of The Walt Disney Company along with other corporate groups including Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, Global Public Policy, Corporate Communications, and Investor Relations, putting you at the center of the action. You would work with some of the most creative and intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position will support two Vice Presidents and their respective teams, including the VP of Environmental Sustainability and the VP of Planning, Reporting and Philanthropy Operations.
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, phone messages, and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executives you support is absolutely critical because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need to gain and use deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of all of the departments across Disney that partner with our team. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty, and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success.
Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different though scheduling meetings is a very big part of this job. During the workday you will:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the VPs you support
- Manage heavy meeting calendars, including scheduling meetings requiring significant coordination and follow-up. Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting
- Schedule video chats and conference rooms as needed;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly-traded company;
- Act as the first point of contact for the office of the VPs, screening and routing phone calls as needed, relaying messages accurately and efficiently
- Manage fast-paced desks, covering a wide range of topics
- Interface with various Disney departments, including senior executives, and external companies and organizations in a professional and responsive manner.
- Be adept in communicating (written and verbal) with people at all levels including Senior Executives. Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
- Ensure timely and effective communications across all work. Interface with various internal Disney departments, Executives, and business units.
- Perform other administrative duties including processing invoices, scanning/sending documents, data entry, ordering/stocking supplies as needed, and processing purchase orders
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, and remote support of executives who are out of the office.
- Prepare expense reports in SAP and ensure they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare for meetings, including large presentations/video conferences with multiple sites. Coordinate on-site and off-site events as needed.
- Perform the role of a proactive partner and collaborator to the VPs.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
- Be part of an administrative team, providing backup to other assistants and contributing to common administrative duties. Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
- Applicants should have a cooperative work style, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude with respect to problem-solving.
- Minimum of 2-4 years providing executive level administrative support;
- Experience providing executive level administrative support in large organization with heavy calendar management requirement;
- Strong Microsoft Office Outlook skills;
- Very strong organizational skills and great attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and operate within an organization conducting business across multiple time zones;
- Adept at anticipating needs, taking initiative, prioritizing, meeting deadlines, and being resourceful and flexible;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Familiarity with Powerpoint, Word and Excel;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had these skills:
- Experience working at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience with SAP expense report creation and supplies ordering
Required EducationEducation is important to us, here is what we are looking for:
- Required-Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.