Executive Assistant I (Disney Channel Original Movies)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742254BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
- Maintain and organize heavy calendar scheduling, multiple phone lines and book travel arrangements
- Proactively submit expense reports and purchasing requests for supplies
- Update and maintain departmental grids and reports, logging submissions, and tracking project status for Disney Channel and Disney Plus slates
- Weekly attendance at staff and department meetings
- Prepare general grids and reports as necessary to report across internal departments as they arise
- Manage all script/submission coverage and communication with story analysts internally as well as ensure that submissions are responded to externally in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with Production Finance on all projects. Track writing steps paid and remaining.
- Read and watch material and provide feedback as necessary, including but not limited to – coverage on incoming submissions, notes on project scripts and cuts of movies in post-production
- Provide additional support to other executives and department as needed
- A minimum of 1 year of previous administrative assistant experience in a high volume entertainment desk at a studio, network, production company or talent agency
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Forward thinker who will anticipate and get out in front of needs of the executive
- Flexibility to work longer hours with short notice during busy production schedules – may include nights and weekends to prepare for the work week
- Must work well under pressure
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to deal with various personalities in the workplace
- Someone with a passion for movies, ideally in the kids and family space
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Agency desk experience
- Minimum of 2 years of scripted development experience
- Final Draft and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Mac/Keynote presentation skills
- SAP experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in English/Theater/Film or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.