Executive Assistant I (Disney Channels)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727300BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Channel Date posted Nov. 26, 2019
- Establish and maintain effective administration systems.
- Answer telephones and ensure messages are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain and coordinate executive’s calendars. Schedule meetings and reserve conference rooms.
- Prepare expense reports using SAP (internal web-based workplace), track and copy all payments, and reconcile all credit card bills.
- Prepare and finalize staff travel arrangements.
- Create and maintain accurate distribution lists for production paperwork including schedules, scripts, staff and crew lists.
- Maintain and update a network show assignment grid.
- Keep accurate records, handle distribution of production paperwork, email (archiving), SAP orders, etc.
- Track and distribute Network and Production Company Handbook.
- Develop familiarity with all projects in development and production, including schedules and names of all people involved in each project.
- Work with show production coordinators, Programming assistants and production companies to ensure accuracy and timely updates for meetings, deadlines, schedules, etc.
- Responsible for support of production staff in accurate and timely delivery of credit and residual binders to the Network. Must develop an understanding of Network and guild/union reporting requirements and common errors, and be able to guide the productions accordingly.
- Organize office filing, create folders, binders and filing system for executives. Maintain files or binders for each series in production, and assist in maintenance of paperless inventory system.
- Work with the department’s Coordinator on managing studio’s web-based server/distribution tool, Scenechronize, and ensure documents are uploaded by Productions in a timely manner.
- Assist in keeping track of assets being stored for movies. When Coordinator is out of the office, the EA will step in to assist other studio departments in obtaining necessary assets for their special projects.
- Data entry for shared drive databases (Sharepoint) and scheduling & operations databases.
- Weekly attendance at staff and development meetings as specified.
- Provide backup to other assistants and department members. This may include answering phones and other tasks such as updating delivery schedules. If applicable, share responsibilities for floor duties with other assistants, such as restocking kitchen, setting up for meetings, etc.
- Create and update resource binders, gather resource materials for department.
- Perform other administrative duties as required by management.
- Take responsibility for his/her continuous learning and professional development.
- Minimum of two (2) years film/television production with a strong foundation in production management.
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent organizational and time-management skills; punctual; works efficiently and productively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Direct and purposeful in all verbal and non-verbal communication; possesses organizational savvy and diplomacy when managing internal and external relationships.
- Receptive to and approachable by others in any situation; positive work demeanor with an eagerness to help.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once; thrives in high-volume work environment.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative; anticipates needs mindful of executive and operational needs.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; looks for areas to improve and streamline processes.
- Exhibits versatility, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to use critical thinking and respond to priorities and changes needed in workflow.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and PowerPoint.
- Adept at setting up video-conferencing, video chats.
- Solid understanding of various file formats (document and video).
- Understands operation of the Internet, reference materials, libraries, and the studio system database as research sources.
- Post-production experience is helpful.
- Prior progressive work experience including a solid foundation of administrative assistant experience, preferably in a production related environment.
- Some knowledge of database/archiving/inventory programs preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.