Executive Assistant, Music & SoundtracksApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747299BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Music Department at the Walt Disney Studios, Motion Picture Production Live-Action for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant position will provide administrative support by covering heavy phones, scheduling meetings, handling all expenses and other administrative duties for the President, Music & Soundtracks.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for President, Music & Soundtracks
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and follow through on projects
- Roll heavy calls and maintain phone sheet
- Manage calendar for executive including scheduling and confirming meetings both internally and externally, representing the department in a professional manner
- Preparing and submitting President’s expense reports
- Liaising with executives, talent and other assistants internally and externally
- Maintaining organizational documents and tracking score dates in calendar
- Assisting in the preparation of meetings, catering and ordering office supplies
- Coordinating domestic and international travel for President of Music
- Reporting to Disney Payroll and Management Company President’s out of state business travel for accurate company tax filing
- Create, monitor and update project notebooks daily for every live action film
- Assisting with all department Team Building event planning
- Assembling Music Department Summer Intern resumes for President and Manager to interview
- Supporting departmental projects as needed
- Assisting with President’s Business Management documents
- Organizing lunch delivery daily
- Flexible hours when overtime necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively to solve problems
- Highly detailed oriented with superior organizational skills
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Photoshop, PIX, Aspera/Faspex, FilemakerPro. Experience with SAP and Concur a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well and maintain professionalism under pressure and work with confidential information and excellent follow up
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping Manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand
- Strong assistant skills a must (heavy phones, calendar, contacts). Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a Studio, Production Company, Music Company or Talent Agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.