Executive Assistant, Music Business and Legal Affairs DepartmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 977489BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Schedule meetings/calls and manage calendars for multiple executives.
- Handle heavy volume of emails and determine the appropriate action based on the level of urgency and/or instructions of supervising attorney.
- Maintain tracking system for emails and pending responses to ensure timely follow up and avoid duplication.
- Maintain tracking system for complex projects.
- Manage back up documentation for projects in various phases of the negotiation process.
- Assist with redlining documents, fixing formatting issues and preparing agreements for execution form using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Professional 10.
- Prepare contract distribution of incoming contracts and keep track of agreements in different phases of the signature process.
- Maintain status reports for various projects and save fully executed contracts in electronic database.
- Responsible for other general office duties including but not limited to answering calls, submitting expense reports, contract distribution, photocopying, and managing incoming mail.
- Five years of administrative experience with knowledge of the music recording, licensing and publishing industries.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational and prioritization skills is a must to manage this busy desk.
- Ability to multi-task a variety of projects and manage a continuous stream of incoming emails and contracts.
- Ability to exercise judgment in executing tasks and able to take initiative to keep the workflow moving.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional and Outlook
- Effective communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Team player attitude with the ability to interact with multiple levels of employees and clients within and outside the organization and the ability to work with and assist the other assistants and executives in the group.
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Preferred Qualifications:• Experience at a high traffic, executive legal desk, record label, music publishing Company or law firm a plus.
• Experience in contract administration, paralegal and/or business affairs department.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.