Executive Assistant, Post ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 773855BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jun. 02, 2021
The Secretary is responsible for the administrative support to the Vice President of Post-Production for all Editorial and Post Production content for Walt Disney Animation Studios. This position serves as the day-to-day liaison between VP and numerous internal and external parties.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the VP of Post Production on all projects currently in development at WDAS including Feature Productions and Alternate Content (Disney+, Theatrical Shorts, Creative Legacy and Virtual and Augmented Reality)
- Answering telephone calls; maintaining calendars; extensive scheduling
- Organizing high-priority presentations (including reviewing screen credits), screenings, recurring meetings and offsite events
- Collection of contracts and documents from outside Sound facilities Overall production legal assistance; coordination with studio Contract Administration, etc.
- Maintaining and organizing files and documents (both electronic and paper)
- Maintaining a status chart of pending matters; preparing expense reports
- Coordinating invoices and payments to vendors and outside consultants
- Coordinates setting up new vendors in SAP and vetting them through our security department
- Drafting and organizing outreach presentations and mentoring events for VP of Post Production
- Ordering catering and supplies
- Organizing team building events within Post and Editorial
- The Secretary works with key studio leadership (internal and external) and the production team to successfully execute and prioritize all (constantly changing) projects, schedules and delivery dates assigned to the VP, from the early stages of development through production, post, release, and marketing.
- Liaison between the VP ‘s office, Production and overhead departments (Business Affairs, Marketing and Finance) within Disney Animation, as well as partners across the Walt Disney Company (Buena Vista International, Disney+, Walt Disney Imagineering, Distribution and Post Production).
- Interacts and represents the Disney Animation Post Production team across the entertainment industry with artists agents, Post Production facilities and vendors.
- Coordinates information, communications and resources to align with the VP’s vision and priorities
- Serves as an intermediary with executives, producers, directors and other assistants, external associates and visitors at all levels
- 3-5 years minimum experience
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, delegate and change course of action quickly
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, especially with extensive scheduling
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team and with professionals at all levels
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Must be a proactive problem-solver with creative instincts and business sense
- Experience with working with creative individuals
- Proficiency in Mac OS, Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web conference software, internet research, etc.
- Expense report and travel booking experience
- Knowledge of animation or digital production process a plus
- BA or BS preferred
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.