Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Assistant – PROJECT HIRE- Franchise, Brand, CRMApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711567BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
Are you the type who jumps at challenges? Do you feel comfortable juggling both long-term and “this minute” work? Do others consider you a “people” person? And do you hope to start a career at Disney? If the answer is “yes,” then a Professional Support position at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Support Professionals are highly-respected and use their skills to keep the wheels turning so that our Guests and customers can enjoy the legendary Disney Magic. You’d be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that does their part to bring smiles to millions, and would learn about your industry from some of the most creative, intelligent people in the field.
We are seeking a Secretary III Project Hire to support the SVP of, Brand, Franchise and CRM
This team stewards the health and growth of TWDC’s brands and franchises, supports the development of character franchises, manages global consumer insights, recommends strategies around key consumer segments, spearheads the strategic deployment of customer information for personalization and marketing, manages enterprise master and meta data for intellectual property and oversees Disney’s consumer financial services. This team works with leaders across all brands, businesses and regions of The Walt Disney Company.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project hire role, meaning the role is expected to last 6 months.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the SVP of, Brand, Franchise and CRM
- Act as first point of contact for the office of the SVP
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and responsive manner and relay messages accurately and efficiently.
- Manage a fast-paced, wide-ranging desk.
- Interact with senior executives and outside companies.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, screening and routing phone calls, managing calendars, processing invoices, creating presentation material, scheduling meetings requiring significant coordination and follow up, and ensuring timely and effective communications.
- Prepare expense reports in SAP and ensure they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare for meetings, including large presentations/video conferences with multiple sites.
- Perform the role of a proactive partner and collaborator to the SVP.
- Provide additional office support such as faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, data entry, word processing, ordering supplies, and processing purchase orders and approval processes.
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, and remote support of executives who are out of the office.
- Create presentations using PowerPoint, Microsoft word and other basic desktop software.
- Pull reports and maintain databases.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly reports entailing heavy word processing and strong organizational skills.
- Coordinate on-sight and off-site SVP led events.
- Interface with various Disney departments and external organizations.
- Participate in secretarial team, providing backup to other assistants and contributing to common administrative duties.
- Communication & Correspondence - Interface with various internal Disney departments, Executives and business units.
- Assist with correspondence.
- Preparing responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Adept in communicating (written and verbal) with Executive and Senior Executives.
- Post, update and maintain documents to SharePoint and other collaboration sites.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years providing executive level administrative support.
- Advanced presentation skills (Microsoft power point, Keynote) preferred
- 3-5 year’s experience and proficient in Microsoft Office components (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum of 1 year using business management software (Ex. SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Ability to multi-task and operate within an organization conducting business multiple time zones is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, prioritize, meet deadlines, and be resourceful and flexible, while maintaining absolute professionalism and confidentiality
- 5+ years providing executive level administrative support in large organizations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience at The Walt Disney Company
- 1-2 year’s experience with SAP
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) equipment, Meetme, Lync
- Experience with Apple and Windows desktop systems
- High school diploma
- BS/BA or equivalent preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.