Executive Assistant, Publicity (ABC Entertainment)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10068231 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Entertainment Television Date posted Nov. 06, 2023
ABC Entertainment is seeking a strong candidate for an Executive Assistant, Publicity position. The Executive Assistant, Publicity must be a self-starter, exhibiting the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment with an emphasis on organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate should also be interested in pursuing a career in television publicity, with an eagerness to shadow and learn the ins and outs of executing an effective publicity campaign. The workload varies, but the Executive Assistant will juggle multiple responsibilities at once as required. This person will also need to be able to take direction and feel confident making quick, informed decisions as needed.
- Curate and disseminate information to publicity team, including but not limited to:
- Media monitoring for network coverage and compiling daily press headlines reports and show premiere recaps.
- Create and maintain targeted press lists.
- Maintain an awareness for network news and industry trends.
- Work with corporate travel and publicists to book and coordinate talent travel itineraries.
- Assist with the drafting of press materials (i.e. press releases, episodic loglines, bios, etc.) and ensure that details are current and accurate on network media site.
- Assist at publicity events, including some evenings and weekends. Events include, but are not limited to: screenings, panels, press junkets, award shows, etc.
- Provide overarching administrative support for the department, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining executive calendars and managing schedules.
- Assisting with executive expense report submissions.
- Coordinating meetings, conference calls, etc. and observing for note-taking purposes.
- 1+ years of entertainment communications or marketing related experience
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Social media savvy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and remote communication programs, as well as a familiarity with programs such as MuckRack, TVEyes, or similar services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $47,900 to $64,100 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.