Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Assistant, Studio TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 634275BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 28, 2019
- Act as first point of contact for the offices of the VP's.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, screening and routing phone calls, managing calendars, processing invoices and expense reports, creating presentation material, scheduling meetings requiring significant coordination and follow up, and ensuring timely and effective communications.
- Perform the role of a proactive partner and collaborator to the VP's.
- Provide additional office support such as faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, data entry, word processing, ordering supplies, and processing purchase orders and approval processes.
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, and remote support of executives who are out of the office.
- Create presentations using PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and other basic desktop software.
- Pull reports and maintain databases.
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly reports entailing heavy word processing and strong organizational skills.
- Assist in processing Purchase Orders.
- Interface with various Disney departments and external organizations.
- Participate in secretarial team, providing backup to other assistants and contributing to common administrative duties.
- Communication & Correspondence - Interface with various internal Disney departments, executives and business units.
- Assist with correspondence.
- Preparing responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Adept in communicating (written and verbal) with Executive and Senior Executives.
- Post, update and maintain documents to Google Docs, Slack and cloud-based collaboration sites.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience supporting senior level executives in a corporate environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Internet Explorer and internet-based research.
- Proficient in SAP transaction support or with sufficient system experience to learn quickly.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to assure successful interaction with all levels of employees and external contacts.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interface with high level executives, clients, business associates, and employees.
- Understanding of hierarchy as it relates to priority of work and communicate when priorities change
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion.
- A self-starter with ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem solve.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and working with multiple people and priorities.
- Ability to manage time wisely and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant.
- Detail oriented.
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic.
- Good customer service skills and excellent telephone manner and friendly demeanor.
- General knowledge and/or experience in the Technology industry
- Prior experience in Disney
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- SAP Casual Buyer and T&E Proxy experience
- May require overtime and flexible work hours when and as business needs dictate
- Ability to develop and work in a team atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.