Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Assistant (Walt Disney Television)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 661829BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:As an Executive Assistant to the Chairman, the ideal candidate must be accustomed to supporting high-level executives and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
This opportunity should be viewed as providing invaluable experience in order to better prepare as a future entertainment and business executive.
The successful candidate will effectively balance changing demands, manage a dynamic schedule, and function well under pressure. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will have the opportunity to build collaborative relationships with other executives and assistants throughout the company. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is required.
- Provides administrative support to the Chairman including calendar management, meeting planning, general office duties and greeting guests.
- Answers all incoming calls and ensures that messages are accurate and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a high-volume and detailed appointment schedule.
- Arranges travel plans for the executive; processes travel and expense reports.
- Conducts web research and analysis for special projects.
- Creates and manages databases.
- Coordinates meetings, activities and events.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Performs other general office responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of two years’ entertainment experience supporting a senior-level executive.
- Must be a self-starter and observant with a keen eye for detail; ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures.
- Works efficiently and accurately under pressure and deadlines.
- Handles strictly confidential information and interacts with high-level executives.
- Professional presence, good judgment and the ability to anticipate needs.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a problem solver.
- Must be able to keep pace in an environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of entertainment and media business.
- Undergraduate degree.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.