Executive Director, Content Strategy Planning & Optimization (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 814615BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jun. 30, 2021
The newly created Content Research, Insights and Scheduling team sits within DGE and works in a consultative manner with Senior Executives as well as Strategy, Content, and Marketing Leaders to deliver content scheduling optimization that inspires creative development and informs content strategy. The new position of Executive Director of Content Strategy Planning & Optimization will be dedicated to delivering the critical data and strategic analyses needed to inform a wide range of content strategy and scheduling optimization decisions focused on Disney General Entertainment content across all Disney distribution platforms.
- Identify stakeholder needs and design and create a bespoke tool to provide the organization with a deep and ongoing understanding of content pipeline, needs and scheduling optimization
- Serve as a central point of contact for DGE content leaders looking for deeper dives into DGE content and scheduling optimization
- Build strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with scheduling teams across The Walt Disney Company specifically DMED, Disney+, Star and Hulu
- Conduct data collection and exploratory analysis of multiple DGE content streams
- Continuously drive toward DGE content scheduling optimization by partnering, simplifying and automating where possible, refining metrics, and building new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making
- Explore and recommend new sources of external third party data, and analytics and reporting tools
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television and content, and foundational knowledge of the TV and streaming landscape
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in content scheduling, strategy and optimization
- Ability to build trust and partnerships across various teams and functions with strong influencing and change management skills
- Previous leadership and project management experience
- Outstanding communication skills – written, oral, presentation and storytelling
- Superior strategic problem solving and analytical skills including talent for developing hypotheses, drawing key insights and developing clear recommendations
- Strong knowledge of current market practices and trends in content scheduling with a strong business acumen
- Experience with complex relational databases with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret data
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including Macro creation and modification; Proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior experience in linear TV, multiplatform or streaming content is preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.