Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Director - Current Programming (Freeform)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711559BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
- Implement the creative strategy as defined by the EVP Programming and Development to grow unique, compelling, and Freeform brand-appropriate content
- Oversee the current production of multiple scripted series per season
- Develop and maintain relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors)
- Interface with studio and production executives on series production issues
- Partner with network department on series launches, stunts, press, marketing and general programming needs
- Be the liaison and resource for other Freeform departments on various issues
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio and outside producers on all production and programming issues
- Special projects and assignments as required
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in scripted series
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted production process
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, writers, directors, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and development skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
- A knowledge and excitement for Freeform’s original series
- Experience developing and maintaining both scripted comedy and drama series
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.