Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Director - Development (Freeform)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524246BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 02, 2018
Job Summary:The Freeform Original Programming & Development team is seeking a qualified candidate for an Executive Director, Development role. This individual will be a senior member of the creative team and help the network build its new brand through the development of innovative scripted series.
- Implement the creative strategy as defined by the SVP of Programming & Development to grow unique, compelling, and Freeform brand-appropriate content
- Oversee the development and current production of scripted series
- Track, solicit, evaluate, procure, develop and oversee the production of scripted programming from pitch to pilot
- Develop and maintain relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights), identifying the creators and show runners of tomorrow and actively pursuing business with them
- Field pitches from outside producers
- Interface with production executives on pilot production issues
- Partner with the Scheduling department on series launches, stunts and general programming needs
- Collaborate with other Freeform departments on various issues (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.)
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues
- Manage special projects and assignments as required
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing and/or producing scripted series
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted production process
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and development skills
- Self-motivated to develop new ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
- Strong understanding of the Freeform demographic
- Experience at a studio or large production company selling projects to TV networks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.