Executive Director, Enterprise Infrastructure Strategy & Architecture
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 594569BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 04/10/2018
The Executive Director, Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture and Strategy plays a leading role in the planning, management, and of the enterprise-wide technology infrastructure strategy, architecture, standards and transformation. This position is a lead advocate for technology as an important driver of customer experience, innovation, and operational excellence.
The role is responsible for all aspects of the Global IT infrastructures architecture and standards used to support the Company’s business. This role should have expertise in multiple infrastructure disciplines including, network, storage, cloud technology and server technology, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Enterprise Infrastructure Services. This position is accountable to set Company-wide global strategies and standards for IT infrastructure across the enterprise in a cost-effective, timely, innovative matter to drive business stability and growth. This position will set Global Infrastructure standards in conjunction with tower leads and segment teams. Position will also be responsible for monitoring vendor landscape, technology trends, and determine applicability for the Disney environment.
- Develop and lead global, strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the enterprise infrastructure and associated service portfolio including but not limited to global infrastructure management of network, cloud, storage, tools and other technologies as they evolve.
- Develop and implement standards for infrastructure architecture across Enterprise Technology.
- Support the visioning and strategic planning process for Enterprise Technology and ensure the IT roadmap aligns with other areas of the business, as well as the Company’s overall strategic plan.
- Responsible for setting strategies for the migration of infrastructure, applications, and data to a hybrid cloud model.
- Manage a team of technology experts in Infrastructure technologies.
- Direct the IT project teams in the analysis of the required business processes. Specifically, ensure that all systems are current with support packs on the published schedule.
- Provide appropriate and assertive direction on opportunities to the Executive team.
- Responsible for the development of the Company-wide infrastructure strategy and architecture, as well as Infrastructure service portfolio.
- Possesses the knowledge, experience and executive presence to enable the primary business objectives of growth, profitability, and innovation.
- Ability to build a team culture that attracts and retains top technical talent and drives innovation.
- Ability to see the 'big picture,' the technical expertise to define the solution, and the determination to roll up their sleeves to get work done.
- Minimum 10 years of IT projects and support, including extensive international involvement.
- Minimum 7-10 years supervisory experience. At least five years must be in direct supervision of network engineering and support.
- Minimum 7-10 years project management experience is required.
- Experience with Digital Transformation.
- Experience with migration to hybrid cloud based infrastructure and systems.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Ability to effectively manage diverse and globally dispersed team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.