Executive Director, Music (Freeform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 859918BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
The Executive Director, Music will manage day to day music production and supervision for all Freeform content.
- Manage day to day music production and supervision for all series.
- Supervise music supervisors on current series.
- Administer all payment paperwork for composers, songwriters, producers, singers, studios, musicians, collecting invoices for payment and coordinating that process with production, music legal and finance.
- Meet with current and new music production houses, libraries, songwriters and producers and make recommendations for future partnerships.
- Meet new talent, songwriters and producers for future opportunities.
- Work with legal and production executives to ensure proper paperwork is issued for Work for Hires, On-camera ditties, Vocalists etc.
- Manage creative needs for original and licensed songs.
- Research and hire composers for new series.
- Oversee series composers, scoring notes process, and attend spotting sessions and mixes.
- Coverage on spotting sessions, mix sessions and on-camera shoots upon request.
- Assist in researching source music upon request.
- Supervise the Persimmon Grove music library both creatively and administratively.
- Supervise the Persimmon Grove consultant and work together to create songs and find placement opportunities in programming and marketing internally, as well as externally to the film and TV community.
- Organize quarterly showcases with up-and-coming artists appropriate for Freeform.
- Work with Hollywood Records to find opportunities to cross-promote their artists music, and release soundtrack and singles from our shows.
- Support the music needs of the marketing department with their short form content, including on-air promos, integrated marketing and marketing stunts.
- Create and define the music strategy for the network in relation to the Freeform brand.
- 5+ years experience working as an in house or freelance music supervisor, supporting productions, clearance, creative, promotional opportunities with labels, creating both original music and licensing music in film or television.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong familiarity with the Freeform and Onyx Collective content and a vision for how music can create a unique voice for each show.
- Has broad and diverse knowledge of emerging musical talent in a variety of genres; works to be “ahead of the curve” in identifying songs and artists who will break out.
- Experience creating opportunities for internal and external artists on shows and other marketing opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge of the contemporary music scene.
- Brings relationships with composers and music supervisors and has deep experience in evaluating their work; has strong opinions on the best fit for each show.
- Experience creating music, not just licensing music.
- Ability to partner internally and externally with partners and talent.
- Ability to present ideas effectively and influence others.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, taking initiative in terms of big picture creative ideas beyond the individual shows.
- Talent-friendly in terms of working effectively with producers and helpful in furthering the goals of actors who are also musicians.
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.