Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Director - Original Movies (Disney Channels Worldwide)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 628206BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Job Summary:Disney ABC Television Group is looking for an Executive Director, Original Movies for Disney Channels Worldwide.
- Must have numerous and established relationships with writing, directing and producing talent, and within the agency, management and development communities
- Be able to identify new and upcoming writers, directors and producers with an affinity for the kid/tween/family audience
- Work closely with research department to track kid interests, values, and tween pop culture and self-generate concepts for DCOMS (for DISNEY CHANNEL and new DIRECT TO CONSUMER SERVICE)
- Consistently bring in material for new development projects from a variety of sources including pitches, books, articles, life rights, remakes, etc. that Disney can wholly own and have the potential to turn into franchises
- Track current and upcoming children's books, toys, true stories and trends in the zeitgeist that would make viable TV movies
- Generate detailed analysis of potential material
- Compile extensive creative notes during all phases of development that provide writers/directors/producers with clear, concise direction.
- Oversee all creative aspects of production - from casting through prep and post - and generate comprehensive notes on cuts / vfx / music
- A minimum of 7 years of development or equivalent experience
- TV/FILM production experience
- Exemplary writing skills and excellent knowledge of script / story structure
- Superior ability to lead meetings, present and communicate effectively
- Passion for the kids’ entertainment space
- Talent-friendly demeanor to collaborate with writers/producers
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed
- 9+ years development or equivalent experience
- Features production experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.