Executive Director - Production FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 963005BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted May 12, 2022
The Executive Director – Production Finance assists in budgeting upcoming projects, tracks production costs and supervises the on-site accounting teams. This position oversees mainly single-camera one-hour dramatic series for cable and SVOD. This position supervises the inhouse Production Analyst along with the Accounting staffs in the field to make sure the shows are following policies and procedures. The Executive Director must make sure the shows are wrapped timely, accurately and turned over with a clean Trial Balance. In addition to preparing budgets and reviewing cost reports for timely and accurate cost reporting, the candidate will prepare other reports and analyses on an ad-hoc basis. The ideal candidate must have strong international budgeting skills, knowledge of the various union contracts, and strong leadership skills. Some travel will be required to audit productions in the field.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills required.
- Oversight over cash flows in multiple currencies.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast environment to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in budgeting international and domestic single camera shows.
- Extensive knowledge of union contracts including Canada and other foreign locations.
- Able to read scripts, break them down and prepare budgets using Movie Magic Budgeting on a timely basis.
- Knowledge of tax incentive and work with the Manager of Film Incentives.
- Knowledge of day-to-day operations on a productions.
- Review hot cost, cost reports and production reports for accuracy.
- Must be able to attend meetings and communicate with producers and senior management.
- Provide backup and billing for breakage items to Accounts Receivable and track billback items for shows.
- Complete special projects for corporate, legal affairs, business affairs, labor relations and human resources for research and negotiations.
- Collaborate with the in-house production teams to determine and implement production strategies and logistics.
- Must work overtime including some weekends.
- 8 years of experience in television required.
- Must possess excellent communication and supervisory skills.
- Must be proficient on PSL/Vista accounting system, Excel, MS Word and Peoplesoft.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field (production)
About ABC Entertainment:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Entertainment.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.