Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Search AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714099BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
The Executive Search Associate will promote, engage with potential candidates, and assess candidates for organization/role fit with a goal of introducing interested and qualified candidates to the Executive Search team and clients. The Candidate Developer will partner closely with recruiters, hiring teams, and researchers to architect search strategy and to develop diverse slates of candidates for our clients.
The Executive Search Associate should be able to demonstrate excellent research skills using a variety of channels. Candidates will have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation and assessment, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate push back and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing an amazing candidate experience building long-term relationships with prospective talent.
The Candidate Developer must know how to identify strong talent, interview an executive and understand their roles, responsibilities and business, and then be able to communicate that information to the Executive Search team, and memorialize it for current/future use.
This is a short term temporary assignment lasting 8 months.
- Partner with business unit talent acquisition consultants and researcher to develop multi-faceted sourcing plans targeting potential candidates in specific job functions keeping diversity top of mind
- Leverage a variety of sources to identify and engage potential talent
- Develop strategies and plans to introduce potential talent and ensure on-going engagement of talent pipelines
- Consult with business unit and/or talent acquisition leaders on the development of sourcing plans
- Keep apprised of sourcing best practices and emerging tools/technologies; introduce and/or pilot when appropriate
- Measure and analyze sourcing results to inform ongoing and future sourcing efforts
- Partner with recruiters, hiring managers, and researchers to determine optimal hiring profile and sourcing strategy;
- Partner with members of the Executive office on Inclusion, Diversity, and Culture initiatives;
- Share best practices and identify continuous improvement opportunities;
- Maintain the accuracy, quality and integrity of all information in the ATS.
- At least five years' experience either a candidate development or full life cycle recruiting role focused in the entertainment industry
- Demonstrated track record with creative sourcing methods via networking, organizations, internet, referrals, investment data providers, and direct recruiting
- Proven ability to think creatively about where and how to identify talent; experience assessing and developing short and long-term engagement strategies for talent pipelines
- Must be highly collaborative, and possess a team-first attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills required
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Prefer on set experience within the entertainment industry (television or film)
- Subject matter expertise in the talent sourcing industry, specifically within entertainment
- Strong consultative skills – including the ability to present and share market insights, influence peers and business leaders and clearly articulate results and/or alternatives
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills including the ability to work independently to complete concurrent assignments in a timely fashion
- Resourceful, critical and strategic thinker, and creative problem solver: ability to quickly and effectively get things done while managing unanticipated issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.