Executive Talent ResearcherApply NowApply Later Job ID 787531BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 23, 2021
- Do you have a passion for creative storytelling?
- Do you love staying up to date with the latest industry trends?
- Do you enjoy tracking who is responsible for greening lighting your favorite shows? Or how shows are made?
- Do you like knowing who is working behind the scenes on your favorite productions?
- Do you have an interest in networking and have a pulse on talent that is shaping Hollywood?
- Are you always seeking out the next up and coming writer/director?
- Are you highly organized and enjoy knowing all the details on talent?
Responsibilities:Market and Candidate Knowledge:
- Obtains and incorporates knowledge to enhance executive search work in a meaningful way. Knows how to get information, effectively uses the available resources, developing and sharing marketplace knowledge
- Updating industry information, analyzing market trends and tracking “People Moves”; identifies executive movements in the market and updates database (ideally in real time) and colleagues
- Has a genuine interest in/curiosity about people in the entertainment businesses; and has an understanding of film and television executives, and their interrelationships; asks questions and shows interest in networking
- Understands how to identify and navigate the various relevant sources available (Studio System, LinkedIn, IMBD, etc)
- Prepares media company mapping and overviews including all major television and film studios, production companies and streaming platforms (researching companies and developing target candidate lists)
- Create customizable company and talent mapping templates, including organization structures, for use throughout the executive search process
- Observes and asks questions to fully understand the landscape; synthesizes information from a variety of internal/external sources, despite possibly having ambiguous or incomplete information
- Gathers relevant data from a variety of sources to help determine broad capabilities, gaps, and qualifications/fit; develops appropriate candidate “target” lists
- Teaming up on “proprietary” market intelligence projects; proactively identifies and tracks organizational, industry, and/or functional trends and reports findings
- Works on multiple projects; meets deadlines and is resilient under pressure; delivers on commitments on time
- Passion for entertainment industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and excellent time management skills; quality focused and ability to drive continuous improvement (plans, manages and drives own efforts with support from leaders); strong work ethic
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, tenacity and intellectual curiosity; action-oriented; deals with problems immediately
- Ability to analyze, interpret and visualize data utilizing database tools including TRM and Excel
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Client-service orientation; highly collaborative and team-oriented; flexible and agile
- Understands the search process; asks questions to understand; and is proactive
- BA/BS degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.