Already applied?View Dashboard
Facilities & Security SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 628867BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jan. 17, 2019
Job Summary:Marvel is an entertainment brand defined by the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Facilities & Security Specialist plays a key role in supporting all corporate and production staff within the Southern California facilities. While an administrative position at its core, this position also requires strong customer service and people skills. The Supervisor also plays a critical support role within the Global Security & Content Protection team and reports to the Senior Manager, Global Security & Content Protection.
Facilities / Administration
- Liaison with Disney Facilities and Parking Management
- Coordinate the Pixel Pipe media platform for corporate TVs
- Ensure facilities are clean, secure & organized
- Key contact for vendors and Disney for facilities requests and repairs
- Part of the Project teams for facilities upgrades, remodeling, etc.
- Working with production partners, assist with facilities related vendors, maintenance, etc. for local warehouses and offices.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Production Security Manual
- Oversee mail and shipping processes
- Process office/administrative related purchases and supply requests
- Coordinate vendor contracts for office equipment
- Oversee the facility project/task database
- Working closely with partners, coordinate internal events and celebrations
- Ensure all security procedures and practices are being followed by staff and guests
- Assist with monitoring of security cameras throughout the day
- Assist with access control programming, monitoring, and auditing for all sites
- Support the Global Security team with various projects including creating/printing badges, pre-register attendees for screenings, booking travel & special events
- Support Global Security on-site at critical events such as pre-release screenings, premieres, events, etc.
- Member of the Crisis Management team to assist with building emergencies and crisis planning
- Maintain all medical and emergency supplies at all facilities
- Coordinate in office training/clinics related to safety, health, crisis management, etc.
- Oversee sensitive document destruction program at the Studio
- Assist with maintaining and tracking physical security equipment deployed to temporary sites.
- Oversee scheduled maintenance and checks at all sites on security equipment
Traits of a successful Supervisor:
- Must be a “people person” with positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must think with a security mindset
- Highly organized and proactive thinking
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to prioritize duties and work independently
- No task is too big or too small
- Problem solver personality that is solution driven
- Quick learner who is interested in continued education and training
- Works well in high stress environment
- Savvy with PC and Mac, along with Microsoft suite
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, Pay Services, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios, Pay Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.