Already applied?View Dashboard
Facilities CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696028BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
- Reports to Facility Operations Manager and assist with day to day tasks of coordinating facility maintenance, operations, and construction
- Coordinates and work directly with trade foremen, business unit coordinators, contractors, Project Managers and vendors for facility operations, business unit projects, and capital and expense projects
- Coordinate with environmental health and safety departments and vendors, where required
- Procure, Receive and review estimates from vendors and foremen
- Coordinate and assist with projects schedules and project coordination among different trades
- Communicates clearly, professionally, and effectively with trade department foremen, business unit clients and Operation Manager on tasks related to facility maintenance and projects
- Assists in reviewing and preparing budgets and estimates for the business unit funded projects and recurring capital funded projects
- Develop, coordinate, and administer project schedules
- Assist and control field operation among trades foremen
- Physically inspects work completed to assess progress and quality on construction and maintenance projects
- Suggests upgrades based on observations in the field and assists in capital planning for future projects
- Requests purchase orders and contracts
- Coordinates with internal teams and clients to ensure efficient operations of all facility projects
- Assist in maintaining records and standards for projects and facilities
- Recognize safety as a priority in all tasks and projects
- Communicate directly with operation manager on all assigned projects
- Assist in trouble shooting field activities with other Foreman during the course of a project
- Assist with developing projects for Capital and Expense programs
- Assists with the reviewing existing assets, confirming information and documenting existing conditions, age, asset data as required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must have clear and professional communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and balance many different projects at one time
- Must be able to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a hands-on approach to all work and projects
- Must be able to work well with all teams
- Must be able to problem-solve throughout complex projects
- Field construction experience is preferred
- Must be knowledgeable with the of sequence of construction and construction techniques
- 2-3 years of field experience working in a facilities/maintenance environment
- Experience in a Studio/Production environment preferred
- College degree in engineering, facility maintenance, or construction strongly preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.