Finance ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10065068 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology Date posted Feb. 20, 2024
The Finance Manager will play an integral role within The Walt Disney Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team that oversees financial planning and consolidation for Disney Entertainment, which includes the company’s full portfolio of entertainment media and content businesses globally, including streaming.
Unique to this FP&A role is the amount of writing required, including during the quarterly earnings process when assisting Investor Relations in crafting the financial storyline for Disney Entertainment that is ultimately communicated to Wall Street as well as when assisting the team with decks for senior leadership.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop extensive speaking points document for quarterly earnings by translating complex principles, themes and data into concise messages
- Create charts and slides for executive presentations
- Serve as a liaison to Investor Relations, collaborating with them on projects and inquiries from investors
- Keep the CFO of Disney Entertainment informed about Wall Street sentiment through periodic reporting
- Manage weekly reporting on key metrics and trends
- Proactively identify, recommend, and drive improvements for existing processes
- Complete ad-hoc projects for senior leadership and others in the organization
- Navigate through a complex organization and maintain important partnerships to leverage in completing work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create executive-level presentations, including high proficiency in storytelling and finding creative ways to present financial data
- Strong research, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Enthusiasm for a flexible, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask in an ambiguous environment
- Effective interpersonal and cross-group collaboration skills
- Ability to navigate through a complex organization, manage many stakeholders and build relationships throughout the company
- Acute attention to detail
- Professionalism and strong work ethic
- 5-7 years of work experience
- Prior experience in financial/ business planning or finance; preferably working in or with large organizations
- BA/BS (focus on Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field a plus)
The hiring range for this position in California is $123,000.00 to $150,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney’s two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.