Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Finance MBA Intern, Animation Studios - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 733253BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Make an impact by….
· Supporting Walt Disney Animation Studios’ financial and strategic planning with thorough analysis and presentation of key aspects of the business
· Modeling and analyzing film profitability through various lenses
· Assisting in creating database repositories for key data metrics
· Collaborating across finance and production teams to better understand profitability, so that leadership can make effective strategic decisions.
· Helping with data mining and analytics surrounding deployment and work force planning
· Supporting ad-hoc analysis that drive effort and resourcing across the business
· Working across multiple teams to mine data from various sources and assisting in organizing database and/or libraries for the data
· Building dashboards for key data / metrics
· Building robust financial models and tools to capture key metrics, with sensitivity and scenario analysis
· Presenting findings to key members of the team, so strategic decisions can be made
· Supporting ad-hoc analysis to help understand other key business drivers
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
· Excellent modeling skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
· Strong verbal and written communication, including the ability to take complex information and present key takeaways
· Ability to work cross-functionally
· Skilled in effectively managing projects and shifting priorities
· Experience and/or degree in quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer or physical science) is a plus but not required
· Experience with programming
· Experience with big-data tools
· Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
· Enrolled in an MBA program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.