Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Financial Accounting Analyst Intern - Summer/Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732011BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Channel International has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional to join its Burbank based Accounting team. The intern will play a key role in supporting programming COE to maintain contracts, process payments, prepare journal entries, and provide analyses in support of our global business objectives.
A Day in the Life…
This internship offers great visibility to the end to end process of programming rights and broad exposure to Disney’s operations in international markets. It offers rewarding learning experience combining transactional accounting, reporting and analysis, system implementation, and continuous process improvement. The intern will also have a unique opportunity to interact closely with employees from different countries and obtain key knowledge of international accounting and foreign exchange. As we value collaboration and team work, this intern will also have opportunities to support the entire Programming Center of Excellences and particulate in challenging ad hoc projects.
- Work closely with offices in foreign territories to manage and process third party payments. Trouble-shooting issues with vendors and DWSS AP team to ensure vendor payment process is smooth and efficient. Provide support to international teams as needed
- Work closely with offices in foreign territories to maintain programming contracts through MediaMorph, our Front of House system, and provide administration support for the system
- Support the team with preparing various journal entries to close the books for quarter end
- Support reporting and analysis of programming rights related Balance Sheet and P&L items
- Ad hoc tasks and projects
What we are looking for…
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Good communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- A minimum of one year related experience required
- Experience with SAP or other Tier-One ERP in multiple legal entities desired
- Relevant Business or Accounting coursework
- Senior currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related major
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 to January 2021.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.