Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Financial Accounting Intern - Summer/Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727154BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Disney Media distribution (DMD) is the international television distribution division of The Walt Disney Company. DMD licenses over 30,000 hours of programming to over 1,300 broadcasters across 240 territories worldwide. Its portfolio includes motion pictures from Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures and Miramax Films, ABC Studios TV series, TV movies and miniseries, Disney-branded kids programs, ABC Daytime and ABC News programming, as well as the Annual Academy Awards®. An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a full time Intern in its Business Operations accounting team.
A Day in the Life…
- Summarize royalty reporting information from over 250 customers and load data into the royalty tracking system
- Aid in testing of system outputs as we add additional customer to the system for royalty report processing
- Help process royalty reports for quarter close process
- Ad-hoc projects
What We Are Looking For…
- Very Strong With Excel
- Strong Organizational Skills and Detail Oriented
- Experience in Entertainment Industry a plus, interest in media essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Currently pursing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Accounting, Finance or other Business related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 to January 2021.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.