Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial Analyst, WDTApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667095BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted May. 13, 2019
Job Summary:At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and create new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
Walt Disney Television is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, Disney Television Studios, Disney Channels Domestic, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as the newly acquired FX and National Geographic suite of channels. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the group’s portfolio of media businesses.
The Walt Disney Television Financial Planning Team is responsible for managing the preparation of the consolidated Walt Disney Television Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts for segment-level executive review (e.g. CFO / Chairman) and Corporate submission. Additionally, the team engages in a variety of analyses across the businesses to provide leaders with an understanding of segment-wide strategy and performance as well as the consolidated advertising revenue, affiliate revenue, and program sales / income.
- Assist in managing the forecast process by creating timelines, crafting deliverable requirements, and preparing partner communications
- Develop and maintain financial planning models with a focus on process improvement
- Partner with finance, controllership, and other teams across the organization to assist in consolidating forecast data
- Analyze forecast information to ensure accuracy, identify trends, and develop key storylines
- Aid in the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
- Liaise with Corporate FP&A and TWDC Investor Relations for regular deliverables and ad hoc requests
- Provide Cognos TM1 support both within the team and as needed by partners
- Minimum 1 years relevant work experience (experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- Strong financial modeling skills and analytical skills
- Advanced technical skills with a variety of applications / systems including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus)
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.