Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627080BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 07, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Financial Analyst in its Global Content Licensing Financial Planning & Analysis team. This group needs an FA that has the ability to work with many stakeholders and build solid relationships throughout. This person will partner with the global content sales team to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The FA will be responsible for performing business analysis and forecasting the financial performance of the division. This position will report to the Manager of Finance.
The ability to work in an ever changing, dynamic environment with confidence will be critical to success. In addition, a successful candidate will look for opportunities to drive efficiency in processes and be willing to challenge the status quo.
- Creates and maintains financial models and P&Ls to forecast revenue, expenses, and profits for multiple distribution channels
- Contributes to the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and quarterly forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Prepares and maintains ultimates across producer groups
- Maintains COGNOS TM1 system for forecast and ultimate submissions
- Works with key stakeholders, producer groups and finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
- Supports and prepare ad hoc special projects, financial analysis and reporting, and presentations for various internal stakeholders
- Minimum 1-2 years of finance or relevant internship experience
- Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Passion for and basic understanding of the TV/Film business
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Business intelligence, data analysis, or market analysis exposure
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Accounting
- Experience with COGNOS preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.