Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696716BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 09, 2019
As a Financial Analyst, you’d use data to empower premier financial leaders so they make the best possible decisions. We want you to focus your strong communication skills on interpreting data and designing reports so the numbers come alive. Join us at Disney Corporate.
Responsibilities:You’d join a dynamic team of financial planners and analysts whose job is to work directly with finance leaders, both at Corporate and across the Disney businesses, by providing insight across the Company.
Every single day as a Financial Analyst is different! On any one day you might:
- Prepare dynamic messages for different audiences including corporate management and other high-level executives
- Perform and analyze quarterly, annual or 5-year segment operating plans:
- Monitor segment operating performance
- Support/engage segment finance teams or corporate functions such as IT, Human Resources, Legal, Investor Relations, and Treasury:
- Evaluate the Company’s long-term plan, including valuation analysis of different lines of business
- Support ongoing investor and financial communications
- Analyze cash flow forecasts and business cases for major capital projects
- Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis, including special projects at the request of the CFO
- Interact with extraordinary partners and clients to whom we are dedicated
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Showcase your leadership and confidence on a large team
- Take advantage of “D Learn” opportunities
- Enjoy movie screenings, team building activities and regular lunch-and-learns
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- 0 – 2 years of prior work experience, with internship experience especially valued
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Developed effective business and financial discernment
- A highly professional "client service orientation"
- Experience as a reciprocal teammate who possesses social and organizational abilities;
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written settings
- The flexibility to work with different personalities -- we believe that makes our team special;
- Produced detailed work without data errors
- Sharp presentation and storytelling skills, and the ability to exercise critical thinking
- A versatile "special-projects" orientation coupled with confirmed multi-tasking abilities; and
- Experience working in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience developing presentations on a company’s financial performance
- An inherent curiosity driving you to ask the right questions
- Analyzed business trends; and
- Capital investments reporting experience
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent substitute
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.